State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Breast Imaging Tech II
Service lines include: Breast Imaging, bone density and x-ray exams.Job Location: Brookline, MA
Req ID: 38878BR
Job Summary: In a dynamic Diagnostic and Screening Breast Imaging Center, performs digital screening, diagnostic mammography and breast procedures as assigned. Involves extensive interaction with staff, patients, and referring clinicians.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Performs digital screening and digital diagnostic mammography examinations as assigned; Involves extensive interaction with staff, patients, and referring physicians. Answers telephones as required.
- Performs routine mammography and diagnostic mammography on a digital unit. As assigned, performs Plain Film X-rays to include but not limited to chest x-rays, KUB, or extremity x-rays.
- Performs Bone densitometry.
- Film Management: ensures that all exams are read, if prior study was done at an outside institution or a facility with film only-- oversees that the comparison is made and addendums if necessary are issued.
- Shares in duties relating to a private practice: greets and schedules patients; purges films; prints and/or mails out film requests; coordinates patient pick ups; shares in the daily tasks of stocking rooms with supplies and maintains clean changing areas.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of digital screening and diagnostic mammography to include mammography guided needle localizations. Adheres to State and Federal regulations with regard to radiation safety. Maintains and complete records relative to the examination performed.
- Collaborates with other staff to respond to changes in operational flow that effects patient care by adapting own pace and schedule. Communicates with patients and physicians to expedite patients through the department, including accommodating patients who present with acute clinical indications.
- Monitors equipment performance and performs preventative maintenance as required. Advises supervisor or clinical manager of observed equipment malfunction or imaging accessories needing repair or removal from service.
- Mentors any student radiographer/ on boarding mammography technologists assigned to them and evaluates progress through established forms of documentation. In absence of supervisor is responsible for making decisions based on established protocols that would ensure continuity of patient care while in the Breast Imaging department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 RT ART required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Working knowledge of all facets of a private radiology practice, plain film x-ray, mammography, and bone densitometry.
- Monday through Friday -full time day shift. Scheduling conflicts may require additional support and/or flexibility (extended evening hours for mammography or earlier start of shift due to vacations).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing task and demands and to seek supervisory/managerial assistance as appropriate.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply