State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Bone Density Technician
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks. Attention to detail. Professional demeanor and respect for patient rights and individual needs. ISCD Certified or to be completed within the first year.Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40217BR
Job Summary: Bone Density Technicians provide direct patient care by performing and analyzing bone density scans and writing and editing test reports. In addition, they perform various administrative responsibilities for the physicians and department, including answering phones, scheduling appointments, obtaining prior authorizations, and filing and photocopying. Incumbents participate in employer sponsored continuing education and training to become a Certified Bone Density Technician (CBDT) by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
- Perform bone density scans in one to four sessions per week for Bone Density Clinic. Quality check the bone densitometer when assigned as the morning scanner.
- Analyze scans and edit as necessary or when asked by clinic director. Write bone density reports and edit as necessary. Input bone density scans into OMR, copy and mail BMD scans.
- Answer phones as assigned, take messages, book patients for bone density, bone specialty clinic, and other physicians in the Endocrine Division. Perform administrative tasks for physicians including copy, fax/mail physician correspondence. Oversee the doctors calendar, events, and speaking engagements.
- Obtain referrals for physicians assigned. Obtain signatures on Advanced Beneficiary Notices from patients that might not receive insurance coverage for bone density tests. Print bone density schedules for billing by practice lead.
- Organize and maintain files of correspondence, records, etc., and follow up on pending patient matters. Independently research and follow through on a wide variety of patient information requests.
- High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training preferred in Medical Assistant Training
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Willingness to be trained as a Bone Density Technician
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- 1 year bone density testing experience
- Certified Bone Density Technician or Incumbent will be expected to obtain certification as a Bone Density Technician within one year.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply