Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 41883BR
Job Summary: The Jiang lab seeks motivated and passionate individuals who are excited to be working on the leading edge of technology development, infectious disease, and tumor biology. Working closely with the Principal Investigator and other members of the lab, the candidate will play a critical role in data analysis directly related to data generated on our spatial-omics technologies, namely Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging (MIBI), co detection by indexing (CODEX) and the Nanostring Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP). Imaging analysis experience will be a key plus.
- 1. Assist in the design and implementation of a computational pipeline for high dimensional imaging data. (essential)
- 2. Conduct analysis of single-cell spatial proteomics and transcriptomics data. (essential)
- 3. Carry out and conduct statistical analyses of data using relevant statistical software (eg R, Python, Matlab). (essential)
- 4. Create tables and figures that accurately reflect the results of the analysis. (essential)
- 5. Serve as a resource and help answer programming questions for other lab trainees and staff. (essential)
- 6. Maintain accuracy and excellent documentation at all times using available tools such as GitHub. (essential)
- 7. Learn and apply new statistical and software systems and skills when necessary. (essential)
- 8. Assist in the maintenance of lab computational resources, such as high performance computing systems. (essential)
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Public Health required. Master's degree in health-related field preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Proficient in running R statistical analysis procedures required; Understanding of statistical concepts and applications.
- Prior research experience required.
- Must be able to create analytic files by merging multiple, large databases; formatting; recording; and subsetting data to meet the analysis goals. Must be able to create tables and figures that accurately reflect the results of the analysis.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Familiarity with R, SUDAAN and STATA preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply