State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Biomedical Electronics Technician Lead
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43749BR
Job Summary: Tests and troubleshoots to component level, repairing, calibration, and preventive maintenance of all Direct and Indirect Patient-Care-Related electronic instrumentation / systems.
- Diagnoses, tests, troubleshoots to component level, repairs, and calibrates to manufacturer's specifications all types of electronic and electro-mechanical instrumentation. Works with and understands the operation of pertinent test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, etc. Performs Networking/Programing of classic/PIICix Central Stations.
- Utilizes schematics, technical drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals. Conducts periodic and routine preventive maintenance inspections on any and all Direct and Indirect Patient-Care-Related electronic instrumentation / systems.
- Prepares and maintains records of repairs, inspections, and maintenance using both 'paper' and 'computer' systems. Coordinates/ assists in the installation of capital equipment purchases of Direct Patient-Care-Related electronic instrumentation / systems
- Performs additional support tasks within the Department of Clinical Engineering (e.g. order parts, maintain service manuals, catalogs, mandatory training program, etc.). Interfaces (as required) with manufacturers on clinical and technical projects and problems. Maintains knowledge of advances in the electronics field and equipment changes within the hospital
- Participates in the after-hours emergency service coverage (On Call) as required.
- Vocational or Technical training required. Associate's degree in Electronic Technology preferred.
- Certificate 1 Certified Biomed Equip Tech preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage dynamic priorities.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- 5 years of experience in the field of Biomedical or Clinical Engineering equipment service technologies in a hospital or healthcare environment.
- Prior experience working and managing projects with Patient Monitoring and Nurse Call Systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply