State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
1) Running troubleshooting, and developing computational production pipelines to integrate new datasets into existing datasets and databases
2) Data management and curation
3) Testing of new software for integration into analysis pipelines
4) Data visualization, generation of figures for presentations and publication
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43234BR
Job Summary: Carries out selected data management and bioinformatics analysis activities for a variety of projects in support of the Department and/or Division.
- Implements bioinformatic pipelines for the analysis of high throughput data, including RNA-Seq, exome, and whole genome sequencing data
- Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of databases, repositories, and resources. Designs, implements, and performs data management and quality control procedures as necessary for routine and special projects.
- Designs and implements novel methods for data analysis and integration
- Writes scripts and programs for data processing and data acquisition from online repositories.
- Keeps analysis logs, creates explanatory files (e.g. README files), and follows best practice for the repeatability of analyses
- Master's degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or related required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze next generation sequencing datasets including RNA-Seq, Exome/Whole Genome Sequencing. Must be able to apply existing algorithms in the analysis of such data, if necessary derive novel programs.
- Experience in R/Bioconductor
- Experience in bash scripting and working in a Linux/ HPC environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply