Biller/Denial Management Specialist
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The position bills claims to HMO’s, Blue Cross Plans, Medical Assistance, and Medicare using standard hospital UB04’s and 1500 forms through electronic claim transmission and paper in HIPPA compliant format. Reviews registrations for complete information obtained by registration to ensure accurate billing. Reviews all claims for accurate departmental charges before billing. Contacts insurance companies by telephone and internet for up to date billing procedures. Contacts physician’s offices by telephone for billing information. Performs a variety of duties relating to interfacing with insurance professionals (Hospital Insurance Provider Representatives) and other departments within the Medical Center. Performs a variety of duties relating to the processing of data for billing purposes.
1) High School graduate or equivalent.
2) Graduate of an approved medical secretarial Associate Degree program preferred.
1) Relevant experience in a related position which has provided the applicant with strong working knowledge in HIPPA compliance coding and billing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1) Demonstrating knowledge in HIPPA compliant ICD-9 CM Diagnosis and procedure codes, CPT-4 codes, billing HIPPA compliant claims electronically on standard hospital forms or (alternatively).
2) Must have working knowledge and proficiency in computer operation.
3) This individual must be able to work as a team member with job sharing. Good communication skills to initiate communication to hospital staff and insurance professionals regarding charges, coding and diagnosis problems.
4) Must have an understanding of the UB04 and the procedure for review of CPT/4 codes, combined batteries, HIV charges requirements to release information, and review of revenue codes for HCPCS entered by Medical Records following HIPPA compliant formatting.
5) Possess thorough knowledge of claims submission process.
6) Must have knowledge of the assigned third parties' billing requirements:
Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, Commercial, HMO, MVA, OVR, MH/MR, Worker's Compensation
7) Knowledge of specific hospital billing applications, i.e., Medicare, Medical Assistance, Blue Cross Plans and HMO’s is preferred.