Behavioral Health Worker
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides direct professional nursing care to patients. Responsible for assessing patient needs, planning, implementing, and evaluating the nursing care provided to the patient.
1) Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
2) Completes Take Charge course before assuming any Charge Nurse duties.
1) A minimum of one-year full time experience in psychiatric nursing or employment in a Behavioral Health program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others. Presents self in a professional and supportive manner.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.