Behavioral Health Specialist
- New Castle, Indiana
- Therapeutic Staff
Job DescriptionOverviewCenturion is proud to be the provider of comprehensive healthcare services to the Indiana Department of Correction.
We are seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist for a full-time position at New Castle Correctional Facility in New Castle, Indiana.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible using recreational and social activities to foster skill building, problem solving, and accomplish treatment objectives. The Behavioral Health Specialist works as a part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team supporting the patients to enhance their skill sets to reinforce social, adaptive, and independent living skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences field (psychology, social work, counseling, or related field)
- Specific training in recreational therapy is preferred
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals certification preferred
- Experience in a correctional healthcare setting preferred
- Active CPR certification
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off + paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Pet insurance and much more
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. ("Centurion") is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.