Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The position will provide behavioral health assessments, brief evidenced-based interventions, clinical/consultative services and education using the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model, for patients and their family in Jefferson primary care practices of varying specialties. The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) in this role will also provide consultation with the Primary Care Provider (PCP) to enhance the understanding of the patient, provide decision support for treatment planning, and assist in the ongoing care and monitoring of patients’ behavioral health care and biopsychosocial treatment plans. Ensures behavioral health services are delivered in a culturally appropriate fashion and is consistent with State laws and regulations, professional standards of care, agency guidelines, and professional ethical guidelines.
The BHC will provide targeted, real-time assessments and individual, couples and/or family consultations and brief interventions including:
- Identifying, triaging, and managing primary care patients with medical and/or behavioral health problems.
- Functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis.
- Psychoeducation for patients and their support systems.
- Motivational Interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction.
- Brief problem solving cognitive intervention aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self-efficacy.
- Supportive therapy, group therapy and other psychosocial treatment modalities as needed.
- Medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling.
- Self-Care Plan development and skills training to facilitate disease self- management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation; and substance use/abuse evaluation, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting patients in successfully achieving goals.
- Assist primary health care providers in recognizing, treating and managing patients with chronic emotional, psychosocial, substance use and/or physical health problems within the primary care setting.
- Collaborate with the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
Masters in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or an equivalent degree as determined by the Council on Social Work Education; or PhD/PsyD in Psychology at an accredited university or college
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PhD; PsyD)
- A minimumofoneyearofexperienceina behavioral health settingisrequired.
- Prefer three or more years of outpatient clinical behavioral health experience
- Provides care that is appropriate to the specific chronological age, developmental age, social maturity and cultural background of the patients being treated.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code