BEHAVIOR HEALTH TECHNICIAN II
Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
Cabot Heights provides behavioral heatlh services to boys between the ages of 13 to 17 in a group home residential setting.
A Behavioral Health Technician III assists the counselors/therapeutic/nursing staff by providing clinical support to adults or children who are receiving substance abuse, mental health services or co-occurring disorders in residential programs, inpatient settings, day/evening programs, outpatient programs and/or community-based programs.
The Behavioral Health Technician III is responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Establishing a positive helping relationship with persons receiving services.
- Assisting persons receiving services to complete activities of daily living, including accessing needed resources and building functional relationships with others.
- Ensuring the safety of the person receiving services.
- Implementing specific interventions according to the person’s treatment or service plan.
- Monitoring and documenting the person’s progress.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults or completed two years (48 hours) of college classes or certified as a behavioral health technician or mental health professional.
- Works under the supervision of a bachelor’s (minimum) level practitioner or Registered Nurse.
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families, as required.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to travel locally to person’s served homes, training locations and other locations as necessary.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from the state in which you reside, a good driving record and be insurable under the corporate policy.
These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Days and hours vary.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED