The MBS Coordinator assists in center development, managing the accreditation process and ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP requirements, maintaining relevant policies and procedures, patient education, outcomes data collection, quality improvement efforts, and education of relevant staff in the various aspects of the metabolic and bariatric surgery patient with a focus on patient safety. The MBS Coordinator supports the development of written protocols and education of nurses detailing the rapid communication and basic response to critical vital signs that is specifically required to minimize delays in the diagnosis and treatment of serious adverse events. The MBS Coordinator serves as the liaison between the facility and all surgeons performing metabolic and bariatric surgery at the center and any general surgeon providing call coverage. The MBS Coordinator assists in maintaining the documentation of the call schedule provided by all covering surgeons. The MBS Coordinator works closely with the MBS Clinical Reviewer to ensure timely and accurate data collection.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Preferred. 2 Year Associate Degree Required.
- Experience: Three years experience in bariatric nursing and caring for bariatric patients Required. One year surgical monitoring Preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: RN, RD or other licensed health care professiona Required.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health