BACK OFFICE COORDINATOR
The Back Office Coordinator will assist the Office Manager with Operation and Management job duties and responsibilities for facilities with 5 or more Physicians.
Your Job Requirements:
- Strong communication skills with consistent incorporation of judgement and discretion.
- Previous minimum of 2 years in a back office within a medical setting or two years nursing experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality; performs all Medical Assistant duties as required.
- Assist the Office Manager in developing and implementing clinical policies and procedures.
- Advise Office Manager of problems and concerns in the facility and participate in problem solving.
- Advise and delegate duties to back office staff members as assigned.
- Monitors education certifications of nursing staff to assure legislative compliance.
- Responsible for pharmaceutical handling system upgrade and compliance.
- Schedule monthly back office staff meetings.
- Assists with problems in diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Attends meetings and performs other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Assists in care and upkeep of department equipment and supplies, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Complete projects assigned by Office Manager in a timely and effective manner.
- Participates in interviewing applicants and provides information to Office Manager for hiring decisions and employee performance evaluations.
- Trains MAs and others, serves as a resource to other clinical staff and maintains training and orientation material for MA's and others.
- Participates in continuing education and other appropriate activities to maintain professional competence.
- Performs lead duties for back-office staff to ensure optimal patient flow and excellent customer service in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures. Works with other staff members to foster a team approach to achieve the highest quality of patient care and staff cooperation. Supports the clinic efficiency and cohesion.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist