AVP OPERATIONS MMG
This position serves as the Operational Leader for specialty practices within MMG. The role ensures operations of the practices support MMG initiatives, implementing standards developed by MMG leadership. The role collaborates closely with hospital administration teams, system strategic development leaders, and MMG executives to coordinate operations of specialty practices with system/service line strategies where these exist.
Your Job Requirement:
- At least 3 years of medical group practice operations management required
- At least 10 years of medical practice operations experience
- Masters in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or other similar Master’s degree
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with MMG VP of Operations to align operations to meet organization’s goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems
- Communicates and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures, and ensures effective and consistent execution to achieve operational excellence and optimization
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, practice builds, capital purchases, and operational workflows are in line with the organization’s operational business plan and vision for specialist practices
- Provides mentorship and career development guidance for operational leaders of specialist practices
- Reviews and approves purchasing requests, proforma operational assumptions, and other financial reports for presentation to MMG Executives
- Reviews and approves the specialist practices’ budget for presentation to MMG Executives
- Maintains awareness of, but not accountability for, recruiting and business plans for specialist practices
- In instances where a system service line leader does not exist, develops business plans annually for specialist practices, ensures execution and presents progress of business plans to MMG executive leadership
- Presents performance reports and key practice indicators to the VP of Operations and other MMG executive leadership
- Identifies training needs in the practices and ensures proper training is provided
- Collaborates with other system leaders, such as hospital administrators and corporate development leaders, to carry out system goals and objectives, e.g. aligning call coverage of MMG Physicians to meet service line needs at hospitals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains Administrator and Director level staff for specialist practices
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations for Administrators and Directors of specialist practices
- Handles discipline and termination of Administrators and Directors of specialist practices
- Extended periods of sitting with concentrated viewing of a computer monitor.
- Manual dexterity required for inputting computer data and operation of business machines, i.e. copier, fax machines, calculators, etc.
- Verbal and auditory ability required in answering the telephone, communicating bother in person and via the telephone, participating in oral conversations and leading small and large group presentations.
- Visual acuity required for viewing computer screens, reading computer-generated reports and written instructions.
- Emotional demands require working and remaining calm, cheerful and professional in a potentially stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Mental abilities required in assimilating information and utilizing effective decision making and problem solving techniques.
- Requires early morning and late evening meeting attendance and/or travel.
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist