Athletic Trainer - Certified
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Athletic Trainer acts as a representative of Mount Nittany Health (MNH) to provide athletic training services for MNH contracted organizations and provides clinical support at various locations throughout MNH. The Athletic Trainer encompasses the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. Work is typically performed in various settings including primary schools, physical rehabilitation clinic, physician offices and community centers.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field required.
1) Two years of athletic training experience in interscholastic athletic setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1) Knowledge of the athletic training principles and skills needed to provide quality patient care and treatment.
2) Knowledge of normal anatomy and medical terminology.
3) Knowledge of physiological demand and response to exercise.
4) Knowledge of legal requirements and rules of the athletic/community events.
5) Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions of the provider.
6) Must be able to react calmly and effectively during emergency situations.
7) Must have the ability to identify and analyze problems, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
8) Knowledge of basic office and clinical operations.
1) Certification as an Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC).
2) Licensed or in the process of obtaingin licensure as an Athletic Trainer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
3) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
4) Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license.