Assistant Nurse Manager| 9 North Tower A-B, Medicine | 10 HR Nights
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides clinical and administrative leadership support for a defined patient care area (s). Responsibilities include fostering a patient centered professional work environment through the implementation of the Theory of Human Caring, the nursing process, staff development and collaborative team interactions for the enhancement of the quality of patient care. Partners with the Nurse Manager to achieve goals to improve quality of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in related field with two years' experience in nursing required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 1 year of hire for Adult Critical Care, Adult ED
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 1 year of hire for Network ED, Peds ED, PICU and NICU, and other areas per unit guidelines
1. Provides leadership in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to staff to ensure short and long-term goals are met by developing and monitoring standards of performance and capitalizing on employee strengths, supporting the Mission, Vision, Core Values and Evidence-based practice. Facilitates appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
2. Collaborates effectively by developing collegial relationships and communicating information effectively. Encourages communication and serves as a resource to staff and other departments.
3. Assists the Nurse Manager in coordinating nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and assists in integrating services across the continuum of care. Accountable for the quality and appropriateness of health care delivery and for the environment in which clinical nursing is practiced.
4. Promotes a culture of safety for patients, self, co-workers, and facility in conjunction with the Nurse Manager.
5. Ensures care is delivered with respect for patient?s rights and preferences. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients and staff.
6. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Service Excellence to promote service recovery, and empowers staff in decision-making through shared governance.
7. Assumes responsibility with the Nurse Manager for the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of the budgetary process for designated area(s).
8. Ensures a biogenic environment that stimulates the ongoing professional development of staff in accordance with the principles of Shared Governance, Theory of Human Caring, and professional practice.
9. Demonstrates value for professional nursing practice including the utilization of current standards, the nursing process and patient advocacy. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager takes responsibility for continuing education, developing best practices and maintaining the highest level of patient care and staff development.
10. Ensures/provides appropriate patient care in accordance with specific patient population. Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of the needs of the patient population specific to the defined clinical area. Maintains competency related to patient population and identifies strategies to meet related needs.
Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work effectively with the team
Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
Clean, well-lit, comfortable environment
Potential exposure to contamination with bloody or bodily fluids, requiring protective equipment
Highly stressful, dynamic conditions
Required Protective Equipment: eye/face protection, gown, mask, gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.