Associate Project Manager
Job ID: 85332
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-5p m-f
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under general supervision of a Project Manager or Team Leader, responsible for all aspects of a small planning, design, or construction project; or phases of a larger project. Responsible for coordinating activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. He or she must be familiar with project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the project team.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Information Management: Develops and maintains wide range of project related information in paper and electronic systems, or oversees project assistants performing these functions.
2. Project Management: Oversees design and construction projects valued up to $500,000, or phases of projects over $500,000, ensuring that projects run according to schedule, meet financial objectives, and meet organizational goals.
A. Facilitates and guides customers through the planning and design process including meeting with stakeholders to develop project scope.
B. Under supervision of Project Manager or Team leader, finalizes scope and develops project budget and schedule
C. Coordinates procurement activities including hiring architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants as necessary
D. Manages relocation efforts to clear project space. Works with users to help resolve related problems regarding such items as, keys, signs, telephone transfers, and warranty issues.
E. Conducts field investigations to ensure that project specifications and code requirements are met.
F. Manages design and construction efforts through contractors and consultants, including overseeing field work, outages, progress meetings, equipment installations, and all related project documentation.
G. Advise and consult with users and occupants whom may be affected or inconvenienced by the construction and/or renovation of hospital areas.
H. Manages project budgets and maintains project financial reporting systems.
I. Prepares and provides project status reports including updated schedule and budget projection.
J. Communicates timely with all appropriate parties to complete the project successfully.
K. Closes out projects at completion including termination of finances and turn-over of all appropriate documentation.
3. Contract Administration: Coordinates and manages the activities of Design and Construction contractors in accordance with procurement policies, procedures and standard practices, and generally accepted industry standards.
A. Provides interpretation of plans and specifications and serves as contract liaison with architect/engineer/real estate consultants and vendors.
B. Develops Requests for proposals and coordinates the bidding and contracting process including value engineering as required.
C. Negotiates value of work for progress payments and processes and approves invoices.
D. Evaluates and processes change orders.
E. Evaluates contractor/vendor performance and provides constructive feedback to the vendor/contractor to improve future performance.
4. Maintain quality standards of the trade by keeping current on changes, new and upcoming regulations and standards, The Joint Commission requirements, and UMMC standards and guidelines.
5. Maintain professional growth and development by attending in-service training, external seminars, activities, and events to keep current of developments in the field.
6. Perform related duties as required
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field is preferred. A combination of related work experience and education is acceptable in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2. Two (2) years of experience in architecture, engineering, construction management or project management required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on