Associate General Manager
Location Houston, Texas, United States of America Category Operations Job Id R0015024
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns and operates the design, development and implementation of the ongoing strategy for operational excellence and growth within the market. Ensures all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated goals are being met/exceeded with regards to the overall patient experience. Partners with market leaders to execute their business plan and meet their growth and financial objectives by ensuring action plans are generated and followed.
- Partners with the Market Chief Medical Officer and Market President to provide management support in the oversight and execution of high-quality, cost-effective and VIP service for clinical outcomes that align with the ChenMed Way.
- Manages execution of key operational outcomes to ensure customer, provider and regulatory expectations are met/exceeded. Coordinates and interfaces with various COEs to ensure the appropriate resources are available to the market.
- Oversees communications verbalizing of a clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard measurements, as well as of total quality measures and initiatives.
- Reviews financial reports to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
- Develops, implements and manages the adoption of controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues and address them in a timely manner.
- Establishes and manages service strategies in coordination with organizational goals and competencies. Aids in establishes operating budgets for the market’s sales and service operations.
- Establishes annual sales and profit forecasts in accordance with the growth plan for the market and consistent with corporate objectives.
- Provides sales management leadership and guidance. Leads in shaping sales and network operations to implement strategy set forth by Executive leadership.
- Functions as a support leader for all of departments within the market including Clinical, Network and Sales, as directed by the Market President.
- Assists in determining staffing needs and with recruitment activities as needed. Ensures the attraction, selection, retention and assignment of a competent, qualified workforce is a driving factor for operational optimization.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops operation teams in the market. Grows the team to match the needs of the business.
- Aids in customer resolution responses and coaches management on appropriate responses. Handles escalated issues and determines proper issue resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen and relationship management/building skills
- Advanced knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique and operations
- Superior knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge and implementation of regulatory requirements and laws that govern clinic activities
- Exceptional track record of driving revenue growth and controlling expenses
- Ability to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions
- Skilled in negotiating; able to effectively influence executives, leaders and all levels within the organization in matters of transformational change and operational optimization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
- Keen understanding of business controls and operations
- Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity; driven and focused work ethic
- Passionate about serving others with VIP experiences; ability to naturally engage and connect with others
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 50% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Healthcare or Public Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- MBA or Master’s degree in Healthcare or Public Administration or a related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ healthcare administration, budget management, finance or closely related industry work experience required
- A minimum of 5 years direct management/leadership experience within a customer/client service environment required
- Experience managing a diverse group of functional area professionals strongly preferred
- Experience managing and overseeing a multi-million dollar P&L account highly desired
The Associate General Manager for the Market, in collaboration and support of the Market President, is responsible for providing leadership and management in the delivery and achievement of the financial, strategic and operational goals for the market. The incumbent in this role owns the responsibility of driving sales and productivity, as well as overseeing profit & loss (P&L), network and budget management to ensure business profitability. He/She leads in providing overall direction to the operation and administrative aspects of the market utilizing the related resources associated with operations, network and sales.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director