Associate General Counsel
The Associate General Counsel Governance and Business Operations role serves as legal counsel for Novant Health, Inc. and its related corporate entities. This position will work with legal and business partners to advise on governance matters, including applicable nonprofit, limited liability company and other entity state law; preparation of entity creation documentation, and entity/board resolutions; regular review of entity articles, operating agreements and bylaws; best practices implementation; new business operations and continuity planning; and other related matters.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university, and Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school. Admission to the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia, preferably in North Carolina and/or Virginia required.
- Experience: At least five years of active and extensive practice in health care law including expertise in Stark, Anti-kickback, HIPAA, the Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and Medicare Conditions of Participation required.
- Licensure/certification: Admission to and member in good standing of the Bar of at least one US jurisdiction and eligible for the North Carolina Bar in-house exception required.
- Additional Skills Required: Skills for problem solving, teamwork, and developing innovative solutions. Excellent communication skills required. Ability to handle unusual, demanding and unrelated tasks, supervise and develop others in their performance. Strong organizational skills. Able to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to handle unusual, demanding and unrelated tasks, strong organizational skills, ability to balance multiple competing priorities and maintain high degree of responsiveness to client needs, deep skills in all aspects of document formatting and use of contract and document management system.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health