You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/training.
Engineer In Training (California State Certification).
Must be a self-starter with ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
Must possess strong time management skills.
· climb ladders, fixed and portable
· conduct training sessions, and make oral presentations to stakeholder groups
· diplomatically advise and consult with all levels of a public organization in matters relating to infrastructure management, capital planning, budgeting, and construction impacts
· effectively utilize BMS/DDC control systems, especially Siemens Apogee and Johnson Controls Metasys systems
· perform ASHRAE Level-1 or Level-2 energy audits, or equivalent
· perform basic computer tasks using MS Office suite of programs
· solicit and manage outside design services by architectural/engineering firms
· work in areas with loud machinery and use appropriate hearing protection
· At least 4 years of work experience in a similar capacity
Knowledge and experience with:
· applicable industry standards, including ASHRAE standards 551, 901, and 621
· project implementation scoping, contractor selection, and construction management
· safe working practices and OSHA reporting requirements
· the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building mechanical and electrical maintenance repair and construction activities
· working with represented trades
Specialized Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning training (from established educational or training entity).
Well-developed skill in reading and writing in English in order to understand written direction and convey clear, concise, and grammatically correct information.
Working knowledge of design and construction practices, public contract administration, and applicable codes, including CMC, CEC, CCR-Title 24, NFPA 99 and 101.
Working knowledge of HVAC systems and associated theories including thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, refrigeration, electrical theory, motors, and control systems.
· PE license
· CEM certification
· Experience working in a hospital environment and familiarity with standard protocols on systems inherent to hospital operations
· Experience performing engineering tasks for central chiller and boiler plants
· Experience working with an Energy Management program
· Experience performing ASHRAE Level-3 energy audits
· Experience performing retro-commissioning or monitoring-based commissioning
· Knowledge of psychrometrics and use of psychrometric charts
· Knowledge and skills related to compressed air, vacuum, and other healthcare building systems
· Knowledge of current Joint Commission and DHS standards and applicable codes
· Knowledge and experience with building energy simulation software such as EnergyPro, CBECC-Res, CBECC-Com, TREAT, eQuest, DOE-2, or Energy Plus
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered