State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Associate Director, Technology Venture Office
Req ID: 39629BR
Job Summary: The Associate Director is responsible for various aspects of technology transfer at BIDMC. The AD develops and implements standard operating procedures adapted from "best practices" in the field. The AD oversees the TVO marketing program, and is responsible for a range of commercialization and research agreements, in particular technology licensing, sponsored research, material transfer and inter-institutional agreements. The AD plays a supervisory/mentoring role to junior members of the TVO, and creates and disseminates a variety of reports and analyses to the Director, Chiefs, and other BIDMC leadership.
- Designs and executes, along with Chief of Business Ventures and Senior Associates, innovative methods for increasing licensing, technology development, and collaborative research opportunities.
- Manages TVO marketing program; oversees and implements market research, including identifying companies which may be interested in obtaining rights to BIDMC intellectual property; develops commercialization strategies for BIDMC technologies, including execution and oversight of the TVO website and the creation of marketing collateral/social media assets.
- Oversees and manages the institution's innovative research collaborations, including the Pfizer Center for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) project and other pending collaborations with venture capital firms, biotechnology companies, and global pharmaceutical corporations.
- Advises BIDMC faculty on the preparation of reports of invention, and on matters related to the protection and dissemination of intellectual property, consistent with BIDMC internal policies. Evaluates new invention disclosures at BIDMC, and develops and patent or other intellectual property strategy.
- Manages the hiring, training, and mentoring of new TVO personnel.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Master's degree in Biological Sciences and/or MBA required; Doctoral degree/PhD in Biological Sciences preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to develop comfortable and productive relationships with academic scientists and life sciences business executives.
- Ability to manage independently a portfolio of projects, and a high level of independence and decision-making ability.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Demonstrated ability and inclination to work as a leader and member of a team.
- Strong marketing skills.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends in relevant business sectors.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply