State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Assistant Practice Manager
Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Wellesley provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients aged 18 and older.Job Location: Wellesley, MA
Req ID: 42075BR
Job Summary: The Assistant Practice Manager oversees and facilitates the daily operations of a primary care practice with the commitment of providing excellent customer service to patients, families and visitors. Plans and organizes the work of support staff, coordinates and prioritizes work flow, implements appropriate systems and procedures to maintain service standards and acts as a resource to clinicians and staff.
- Supervises support staff involved in clinical and administrative activities, with an emphasis on sensitivity to patients and meeting service standards. Plans, organizes and oversees work schedules and assignments of support staff to meet operational needs. Coordinates coverage for absences, meal breaks, training and vacations.
- Plans, assigns and evaluates work of support staff. Makes recommendations concerning hiring, provides feedback relating to staff performance issues and human resource matters as appropriate. Involved in the performance review process. Takes sick calls, coordinates coverage for absences, meal breaks and training.
- Implements processes and procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including, but not limited to, time of service, scheduling, referral management, pre-registration and visit ticket entry. Works with the Practice Managers to develop office orientation procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in physician billing if applicable. Act as primary staff resource for clinicians regarding charge entry. Answer telephones and facilitates urgent phone messages as needed.
- Provides weekly reports of revenue cycle activities to the Regional Practice Director including visit ticket entry, co-payment collection and referral management.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply