You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Min. 3 yrs of departmental management, ACPE CPE Program supervision, and Interfaith hospital chaplaincy
M.Div. or Equivalent
Ordination & Endorsement by faith group
ACPE Certified Educator
Capable of theological and spiritual reflection with persons
Excellent communication and pastoral/spiritual counseling skills
Knowledge of medical practice and ethical issues that arise in relation to the field.
Sensitivity to diverse religious and cultural practices and values
· be organized, responsible, and dependable
· function effectively in crisis or under stress
· integrate and apply pastoral/spiritual perspectives and competence in a variety of functions, eg interdisciplinary case conferences, in-service education, and group process
· relate to and be supportive of other members of the hospital staff
· work collegially and under supervision to provide a cohesive and effective Spiritual Care Department and CPE training program
· work collegially with and to appreciate community religious leaders and their gifts to spiritual care in the hospital context
Skill and ability in:
· organizing, developing, maintaining, evaluating and creating CPE curriculum and program design
· articulating ethical and moral concerns that impinge upon medical practice, hospital procedures, and their impact upon others/the community
· encouraging and supporting individuals on a personal, caring basis by creating pastoral relationship emerging from personal or small group settings
· interacting diplomatically with people of diverse backgrounds, enabling them to make decisions, accept loss, and cope with crisis situations
· leadership, design, and creativity of spiritual/religious services
· motivating others and stimulating them to carry out an effective inter-faith spiritual care program
· offering consultation to colleagues and supervision to subordinates to deliver pastoral/spiritual care to a diverse community with varying needs
· supervising CPE students and Certified Educator CPE students
· supervising/overseeing department staff and volunteers
· teaching others to work on a health care delivery program
· working on a team as part of health care delivery program
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered