AR Specialist II
The ability to work all facets of an accounts receivable management system including but not limited to billing, claim corrections, reconciliation, payment posting, refunds/credit balances, customer service, and follow-up in accordance with Departmental protocol with an emphasis on maximizing patient satisfaction and profitability. Also depending upon assigned role may be responsible for reviewing claim information to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the clinical and non-clinical areas regarding claim errors and/or denials, and for providing cross coverage for areas not primarily assigned as required to ensure efficient and professional operations and maximum patient satisfaction.
Your Job Requirements:
- Associate Degree or High School Diploma with (4) four years as an Account Receivable analyst in a Hospital setting.
- Professional Certification through AAHAM, HFMA, or EPIC preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, & other MS software and computerized patient accounting applications.
- Experience in medical terminology required.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist