Camden County, NJ
Associate is responsible for identifying reasons for non-payment or underpayment of claims, complete all necessary changes, and and bring claim to resolution a minimum of 50 claims daily.
- Ability to read and communicate in the English language.
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Bachelors Degree Preferred. Certified Patient Accounts Technician recommended.
- Must have experience with insurance follow up to resolve denied hospital claims.
- Must have the ability to accurately analyze and complete a minimum of 50 claims or claims equivalent per day.
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience in hospital billing with an emphasis on either Government payers (Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Champus) or Contracted Managed Care (Aetna, Horizon, IBC.)
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.