Application System Analyst III
Job ID: 82618
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 8-4
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
Under limited supervision gathers and analyzes user needs for developing and modifying EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) Enterprise Document Management System application which is integrated with Epic (EMR). Responsibilities will include providing application support, analyzing results, proposing solutions and/or recommendations in addition to building, configuring and modifying Document/Content Management applications.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs and coordinates complex analysis, design, development, testing and support services for assigned application applications.
2. Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up on issues and questions of daily operations.
3. Performs and coordinates application analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes.
4. Provides complex application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex application problems. Able to quickly assess problems and identify resolutions.
5. Coordinates development of application testing scripts and conversion plans. Participates in testing as assigned.
6. Makes recommendations and provide alternatives with regards to various development and support initiatives.
7. Prepares written documentation of various types; application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc. Creates, evaluates and instructs/teaches other.
8. Participates and/or leads projects, estimates costs, time frames, staffing requirements and prepares cost justifications for assigned project. Uses status reports for project oversight.
9. Validates the designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development request.
10. Prepares and validates complete applications documentation for operations and sets programming specifications for user departments. Provides input and assists with the development of departmental policies and procedures as they relate to the use of clinical applications.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required. Master’s degree preferred. Additional Certifications may be required.
2. Five years progressively responsible experience in information applications, including one year performing programming or applications analysis, or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required.
3. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
4. Experience with OnBase and/or Perceptive is highly desired.
5. Experience with HL7 / ADT messages is highly desired.
6. Experience with SQL database is highly desired.
7. Experience with OCR or EDCO Solarity is preferred.
8. Experience with Epic is preferred.
9. Experience with Health Information Management, Human Resources, or Central Business Office document imaging is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to perform and teach analysis and problem solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information applications to IT staff is required. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop complex specifications for all aspects of applications, and familiarity with problem analysis, and EMR application integration (i.e. OnBase, Horizon Patient Folder, McKesson Patient Folder)
3. Able to teach application functionality, design standards, process changes to the end user community and train the trainer.
4. Makes recommendations regarding the integration/relationship between and among organizational applications.
5. Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
6. Ability to teach a project team of analysts, end users and consultants skills required to coordinate daily activities, delegate responsibilities, tasks and review/validate work.
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
8. Able to teach application functionality, design standards, and problem solving tools.
9. Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
10. Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies. Makes recommendations as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on