Application Analyst I "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
10/05/2021, 09:12 AM
Each employee at the Medical Center has a critical role in delivering the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. The Application Analyst I exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify and mitigate compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Full alignment with the vision, mission and values of the WFBMC organization are expected in every aspect of this job. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
Under the guidance of the Manager or Technical Lead, the Application Analyst I is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of software applications supporting clinical workflow and/or business operations. The Application Analyst I is vital in gathering and documenting end user requirements, configuring system changes in the TST/DEV application environments and executing testing prior to changes in the production environment. The Application Analyst I partners with the application team while working collaboratively with our customers to bring cutting edge technology to the department and ensuring that our customers are satisfied. The Application Analyst I will work closely with the Manager and Technical Lead in the coordination of new projects from development to successful implementation. This role will interface with all areas of Information Technology and Services and will ensure that their team interfaces with all other ITS teams to keep our customer and our patients as our number one focus.
Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience. Clinical experience and workflow knowledge are also preferred. Strong technical skills and/or technical experience desired.
Manager of Inpatient Clinical Applications
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Epic certification or achievement of applicable system training/proficiency within 6 months.
- Researches and resolves application issues received through incident tickets and end-user feedback. Identifies the root cause of issues and develops creative solutions to correct application problems.
- Performs initial analysis of workflow and business operations working closely with the team and end-users from the operational departments impacted by the system(s).
- Maintains appropriate build configurations, such as printers, work queues, etc. under direction of Technical Lead.
- Implements and tests fixes to configuration issues in the TEST/DEV application environments. Validates that application configurations deliver needed business functionality and work correctly with other applications.
- Coordinates and supports third party vendor applications as well, for implementation, upgrades, configuration changes. (Some possible examples include: Rauland Responder, OBIX, Natus, etc.)
- Available for on-site project, testing, and support needs.
- When necessary due to project, participates in regular day-to-day communication with vendor’s implementation team to work with end user and vendor to tailor system to the organization.
- Collects and documents specifications required to develop new or revise existing functionality.
- Achieves knowledge of software to serve as a bridge between end users and vendor implementation and support staff.
- Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
- Documents changes and communicates the resolution of issues to affected users. Follows established change management processes on the implementation of fixes into production environments. Coordinates approved production moves through the designated process.
- Applies project management ideology to execute project plans.
- Records time spent on projects to meet documentation requirements.
- Aids trainers when needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of IT and knowledge of a healthcare setting.
Fast paced with long hours as needed based on business requirements.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.