State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
APN - Research (T1)
- Acts as a sub-investigator in multiple industry-sponsored dermatology clinical trials, including performing dermatology disease severity assessments.
- Assists with preparation and submission of IRB applications, including preparation of consent forms to the BIDMC IRB, and responds to IRB comments on applications submitted and works with study team in getting studies activated for enrollment of patients.
- Prepares and assists in submission of protocol amendments, IND safety reports, ADEERS submission, consent form changes, continuing reviews, violations and deviations to study protocols.
- Assists with reporting of AEs, SAEs, IND safety data, violations, deviations and submission of other study documents to support regulatory compliance, and troubleshoots processes and procedures when issues are identified.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Must maintain confidential and sensitive information, set own priorities, and work both independently and collaboratively with other research and hospital personnel.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Expertise in dermatology or clinical trials
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36794BR
Job Summary: Provides direct care to research study participants and makes necessary nursing judgments. Uses the nursing process to deliver professional care and evaluation of study participant responses to study protocols and works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff.
- Provides direct care to research study participants, including patients and volunteers, and makes necessary nursing judgments. Demonstrates clinical performance at an expert level utilizing perceptual skills which are intuitive or experience-based. Critiques own decision making and judgments regarding the care of patients.
- Demonstrates greater depth in practice focus, providing nursing consultation for atypical patient presentations, unexpected events or unusual outcomes, recurring problems on the patient care unit, or strategic planning for the future of the unit. Evaluates the results of consultation in terms of patient outcomes and ability of the consultee to handle similar problems in the future.
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and timely, patient centered care. Identifies problems and populations at risk and proposes solutions
- Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine health care needs of patients & families. Demonstrates & role-models an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to patient care. Utilizes negotiation & conflict resolution skills to foster collaborative and collegial relationships. Participates in quality improvement activities & other clinical investigations.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the ongoing development of self and others. Responsible for maintaining annual mandatory educational requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Self-evaluation of practice, in particular, unexpected outcomes are identified and other courses of action are considered
- Master's Degree in Nursing required.
- License Nurse Practitioner License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA.
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate and completion of CITI training within 6 weeks of hire and recertification every three years thereafter.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply