Every step my patients take
is a huge achievement for them.
I'm here to cheer them on.
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
APN - NP (T2) or Physician Assistant
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Req ID: 42902BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. This position provides direct patient care relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management in an ambulatory and/or inpatient setting to patients with complex medical conditions or surgical patients. Works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff to develop and coordinate a plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and their families. Some off-hour, weekend and on-call maybe required of this position. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Performs history and physical examinations, formulation of care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to patients and their families.
- Acts as an educator and serves as a clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences.
- Coordinates the care of patients in order to provide safe, effective, efficient and timely patient centered care. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Care plans and execution of those plans should encompass the entire service to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis.
- Document clinical encounters clearly, precisely and in a timely manner.
- Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professional to determine health needs of patients and families. Demonstrates and role models an interdisciplinary collaborate approach to patient care.
- Pursues a continuing program of self-development in order to maintain, strengthen and broaden own concepts, philosophy and abilities. Accepts responsibility for self-development to remain cognizant of current trends and new methods. Maintains professional credentials, licensing and authorization.
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- License Nurse Practitioner License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and speciality area expertise.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.
-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply