Anesthesia Tech Full Time 7am-3pm, Davie Medical Center "Job Details"
Mocksville, NC, United States and 1 more
- 329 NC 801 N, Mocksville, NC, 27028, US
09/14/2021, 10:45 AM
The Anesthesia Technician's primary function is to provide support and assist the certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) and the anesthesiologist. Responsible for ensuring OR is set up with all supplies and any necessary specialty equipment for all cases in the operating room. Ensures all equipment has required maintenance completed.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills necessary to arrange for the provision of appropriate care for the newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population of surgical patients.
- Checks and restocks anesthesia carts, omnicells, operating rooms, machine drawers, etc. to ensure adequate par levels of items are maintained. Rechecks par levels throughout shift and restocks as needed.
- Performs anesthesia machine check and shows competency with this skill.
- Assembles IV fluid sets and transducer sets for anesthesia use per protocol.
- Cleans all anesthesia equipment after use per departmental protocol.
- Ensures all equipment, parts, and supplies are in working order, (monitors cables, leads, blood warmer, blood pressure cuffs, doppler probes, tubing, cannisters, airway carts and equipment), as well as calibrates and records results of daily equipment checks.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist with the placement of lines, and is available during critical times (airway emergency, trauma, code blue).
- Maintains supply inventory and assists with stocking equipment room throughout the shift.
- Positions patients for anesthetic procedures.
- Assists in the movement of anesthesia equipment from the operating room or storage area to outlying areas supported by anesthesia (NORA Locations).
- Follows core specific set-up guidelines for all cases/cores assigned.
Frequent moderate to heavy lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Working conditions include a general hospital environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens, patient blood and body fluids and medical gases. Fast-paced, high tension environment with sense of urgency for supplies and equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Anesthesia Department or Nursing Assistant experience preferred. BLS HCP from AHA/CPR Certification (adult and child) required within 90 days of employment.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates Knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the population served.
Protected Health Information
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Anesthesia Machine checks and maintenance. Specialty anesthesia and airway equipment. Cleaning equipment and agents. Computer terminal and printer. Telephone. Copier.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.