Nurse manager for ambulatory wound care center. Must be a good communicator and well organized. The wound care patients have complex non-healing wounds and nurses act as case managers and assist providers with patient's care. Manager is responsible for managing staffs' schedules, producing productivity reports, overseeing clinic flow, and assisting with patient care when necessary.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides clinical and administrative leadership for a defined clinic location or locations. Collaborates with other Medical Center departments and service lines to ensure quality, comprehensive patient care delivery. Responsibilities include participating in the overall management of practice, education, and professional development of nurses, unlicensed assistive personnel, and additional clinic staff as appropriate to the clinical setting.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred, one of which must be in Nursing. Five years' nursing experience preferred. Two years of acute care experience preferred within the last ten years. Ambulatory experience preferred. Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of North Carolina required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) may be required within one year in select clinical areas. Certification in specialty area preferred.
1. Supervises and coordinates personnel activities including staff selection, hiring, orientation, performance management, merit recommendations, staff time off schedules, education, credentialing, and continued professional development.
2. Ensures care is delivered in accordance with the Patient and Family promise. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients, families, visitors, and staff. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Patient and Family Relations to promote service recovery and empowers staff in conflict resolution.
3. Responsible for compliance with all internal and external professional and regulatory agency standards including DFS, CMS, and TJC, with clinic Plan of Care guidelines, WFBH Department of Nursing policies and standards, and North Carolina Board of Nursing standards of practice. Identifies compliance issues and collaborates with DON and WFBH compliance office to develop and implement action plans as needed.
4. Provides leadership to staff to ensure goals are met through established standards of performance, support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of WFBH, and evidence-based practice.
5. Develops and maintains coordination/cooperation with other clinics and/or between service lines, patients, and all healthcare professionals to provide consistent, excellent patient care. Accountable for the quality and appropriateness of health care delivery and for the environment in which clinical patient care is practiced.
6. Ensures patient population competencies. Provides appropriate patient care delivery in accordance with specific patient population by utilizing knowledge and patient needs for age/development.
7. Engages in self-development of clinical, managerial, and professional goals. Takes responsibility for continuing education to develop best practices and maintain the highest level of patient care and staff development.
8. Participates with business administrator in planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring budgetary process for assigned areas. Assures nursing/clinical workload is measured and based upon established benchmarks and patient needs to optimize quality, cost effective care.
9. Develops and implements QI programs that result in improvement in the quality of patient care. Ensures indicators that are measurable and outcome based. Ensures staff are involved in the QI process.
10. Performs and maintains competency for point of care testing as assigned, ensuring compliance with WFBH Point of Care policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
11. Demonstrates the attributes of Caring Leadership, communicates effectively, and motivates others to achieve established outcomes.
12. Ensures the hospital mission, the philosophy of the Department of Nursing, and service line objectives of the clinical area are achieved through annual goals and objectives that are measureable and accomplished within the specified periods.
Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Flexibility in a changing environment
Ability to function under stressful conditions and difficult situations
Ability to lead a team effectively
Knowledge of regulatory standards
Well-lit, well-ventilated, and adequate space
Contact with patients and family members under wide variety of circumstances
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.