Job ID: 91974
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7am-3:30pm/10:30am-7pm/Alt. W/E
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Full-Time – Rotating 7am-3:30pm/10:30am-7pm/Alt. W/E
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Medical Center – Midtown Campus.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
1. Assembles accurately meal trays, nourishments, floor supplies, tube feedings and snacks for patients or cafeteria customers. Delivers regular and late trays within the standard time frame.
2. Complies with departmental polices to include polices on break times, meal times, eating in kitchen, labeling, dating foods items, uniforms, etc. Consistently wears I.D. badge. Demonstrates a professional appearance.
3. Maintains safe and sanitary work conditions. Completes cleaning assignments in trayline area, dishroom and delivery of carts.
4. Cleans and assembles sanitized silverware into bags and prepares bread in bags for next meal period.
5. Promotes and enhances positive customer relations with an emphasis on good customer service, demonstrates courtesy when speaking to patients/visitors and demonstrates professional behavior at all times.
6. Sets up trayline stations with an adequate amount of supplies (i.e. food, beverages, supplement, salads, condiment, etc.) to begin trayline on time with no need to restock during meal service. Replenishes trayline stations following meal adequately for next meal service.
7. Delivers patient trays to room by following standard procedures outlined: a. Knock on door prior to entering room b. Greet patient by name, introduce yourself, smile and establish eye contact c. Verify room number, diet and patient before giving tray to the patient using established patient Identifiers
As a member of the Midtown Campus team, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Food Service experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I've been an RN at the University of Maryland Medical Center for over 30 years. I love the energy and diversity that the Medical Center offers. There's also a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep you professionally challenged and motivated.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW