Advanced Structural Heart Disease Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
JOB TITLE: Advanced Structural Heart Disease Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
LOCATION: Lewiston, ME
WORK TYPE: Full time – 40 hrs.
SHIFT: 4-10-hour days in a 7-day period
At Central Maine Healthcare, we are changing the face of healthcare in Maine by providing exceptional quality and accessible care to our patients; where they are and when they need it. We recognize the need to be where our patients are; closer to their communities and offering high quality care through innovative channels. To meet the unique needs of our patient population, we have implemented tele-health and opened Maine Urgent Care and Ambulatory surgical centers within our communities. Our clinical affiliation with Mass General Hospital in Boston provides our community with the most innovative and current treatments available without having to leave Maine. As we continue to expand our services, one thing remains unchanged…. our commitment to providing the best healthcare to the region’s residents. Our physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and staff are committed to providing patients with the quality medical care they deserve!
Central Maine Healthcare is looking for an experienced (2+ years) Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our dynamic Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute team! The Advanced Practice Provider will work alongside the Interventional Cardiology Providers to develop an efficient workflow process for peri-procedural patients. The Advanced Practice Provider will be responsible for obtaining information and/or coordinating patient flow including history and physical examination, laboratory results, charting of clinical findings, admission orders, nursing instructions and other required elements. For patients to be admitted after interventional procedures, he/she will serve as an interface between the Interventional Cardiovascular Service and the inpatient services. He/she will assist in Interventional Cardiology consultation in the emergency department and elsewhere, obtaining procedural consent as permitted as well as assisting in diagnostic and interventional procedures as needed.
- Unencumbered license to practice as PA or NP in the state of Maine
- PA must be a graduate of an accredited physician assistant program; NCCPA certified
- NP must be a graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- PA must complete 100 hours of CME every two (2) years and take the recertification exam every six (6) years
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred
- Experience in Cardiology preferred
Fulfill your calling at Central Maine Healthcare to help keep patients healthier and happier so they can enjoy more of what life has to offer.
Why join Central Maine Healthcare?
- Work life balance with flexible schedules, Paid time off (Choice Time)
- Excellent annual compensation and benefits, including relocation, malpractice and tail coverage
- Generous Sign-on Bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement and much more
- Tuition Loan Reimbursement: $25,000
- Continuing Medical Education - 5 paid CME days and $3,000 for CME activities
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
To learn more, please visit: https://www.cmhc.org/
Please submit your Cover Letter and CV to:
Carol Murphy – Senior Provider Recruiter
Central Maine Healthcare at: Murphyca@cmhc.org
For more information, visit www.cmhc.org or connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.