Advanced Practitioner - Sur NP "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
08/10/2021, 8:19 PM
JOB SUMMARY: Increases a physician?s ability to provide patient care services by participating independently / interdependently in the delivery of direct patient care including scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, within the scope of individual authority, granted by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners in a Hospital Based APP function.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a Bachelor?s degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program. Master?s degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners approval as a Nurse Practitioner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Performs complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care. Records data and tentative conclusions for review by the physician. 2. Assists in surgeries; provides pre- and post-operative care. 3. Coordinates and schedules laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient. 4. Carries out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitors progress of patients, maintains records of patient's progress, and consults with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria. 5. Plans and schedules work for the physician's team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties. 6. Participates in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepares statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. 7. Assists in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures, which are unique to specific clinical setting. Provides directions and guidance to support personnel. 8. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.