Advanced Practice Provider – Heart Failure Clinic – Covington, GA
Job Number: 1059526
Piedmont Heart Institute Physicians - Covington, Georgia
Piedmont Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join the Heart Failure team at Piedmont Newton. This is a part-time position working 2 days per week in an outpatient clinic.
Ambulatory care responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assesses patient and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribes necessary treatment and services for quality patient care.
- Takes patient histories, conducts physical examinations, writes progress notes, prepares patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings, obtains psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assumes responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Orders and schedules laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedure(s) to the patient, patient’s family, and staff.
- Monitors progress of patients, reports progress to supervising physician, and maintains record of each patient’s progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
Piedmont Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- CME allowance
- Quality, Service and Reputation
PA: Graduate of a Physician Assistants program with current license for the Georgia State Composite Board
NP: Graduate from a school of nursing with current Georgia license for Advanced Practice Nursing and a Master’s degree in Nursing
Previous general cardiology or heart failure experience required
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2021 Piedmont Healthcare