Center City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is central to efficient communication and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and practices. Provides clerical support to the chair. Works collaboratively with faculty and other administrative staff.
- Organize and maintain calendar, schedule meetings, arrange travel arrangements, schedule appointments.
- Manages ordering for the department: office supplies and stationary, books/desk copies, linens, classroom AV, room requests and set-ups, maintenance requests.
- Participate in meeting planning of Orientation, Welcome Day, continuing education and professional meetings on campus.
- Draft confidential internal and external correspondence, handle other confidential issues as needed, respond and follow up with issues/correspondence as needed.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Handle special administrative projects as assigned.
- Manage, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail. Interact with courier companies.
- Answer main department telephone.
- Manage the department’s lobby area. Greets and directs all visitors including vendors, clients, adjunct faculty, applicants and vendors.
- Distribute student IDs.
- Provide administrative support to faculty as needed.
- Develop advisement lists and assignments.
- Other duties.
EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior administrative experience required; preferably in Healthcare.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code