- Demonstrated basic knowledge of cancer treatment
- Knowledge of medical terminology, particularly urology.
- General knowledge of third party insurances, government programs and other insurance agencies for purposes of assigning financial class codes and obtaining any necessary authorizations for treatment.
- Ability to research medical diagnosis and procedure codes in CPT Code book and ICD-9_CM code book.
- Demonstrated computer skills including word-processing, use of spreadsheets and data entry.
- Ability to understand and correctly use technical terminology, correctly identify and extract data from hospital records, enter data on flow sheets or in computer and maintain study records.
- Knowledge of University’s Electronic Medical Record System strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Knowledge of UCLA School of Medicine and hospital nursing processes.
- Superior typing skills to prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials with speed and accuracy.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered