US – Los Angeles, CA
M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
$23.04 – $45.54 Hourly
December 29, 2020
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Excellent communication skills to speak clearly and distinctly, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to a wide spectrum of the population, to health care professionals, and to faculty and staff.
- Exceptional writing skills including editing concise, logical and grammatically correct correspondence, reports, proposal layouts, presentations, and general business communications
- Assure diplomacy in handling confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- Experience in preparing a dossier.
- Experience in executing the production and the large scale mailing of newsletters, technical reports. etc.
- Demonstrated experience in transcribing and editing complex scientific documents, manuscripts for publications, grant proposals and correspondence.
- Demonstrated proficiency with IBM compatible PC and Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Reference Management software, Outlook and the Internet.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in order to develop professional, cooperative working relationships with co-workers, administrators, faculty, students, staff, off-campus personnel and the general public.
- Excellent oral communications skills in order to obtain and convey a variety of information concisely and accurately on the telephone and in person.
- Experience in maintaining a complex appointment calendar with respect to meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining complex alpha-numeric, subject, and chronological filing systems (both paper and electronic based).
- Skill in analyzing information and data from various sources, identifying relevant factors, and formulating logical and objective conclusions
- At least 3-5 years of administrative experience in an academic setting.
- Working knowledge of University systems policies and procedures and systems as they relate to human resources, accounting, travel, reimbursements, entertainment, check requests.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in Administration or relevant area
- Demonstrated ability to type 65-85 words per minute.
- Experience hiring, training, assigning work and overall supervision of administrative staff
- ‘Knowledge of research and practices in the areas of Pediatrics, Public Health, Early Childhood systems and systems improvement.
Share this job