Adjunct Faculty MCHP
Maine College of Health Professions
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Position Summary: The Adjunct Faculty has responsibility to ensure that course objectives are met through provisions of assigned lecture content, clinical experiences and campus lab. Faculty are members of the Central Maine Medical Center College of Nursing and Health Professionals Leadership Team and as such serve as leadership representatives to students and nursing staff providing expertise in clinical and educational endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
1. Demonstrates support for the school’s mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives and conceptual framework and program outcomes.
2. Facilitates student learning by planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating, teaching/learning experiences.
3. Participates in, supports and utilizes research in programs/activities.
4. Relates well with students, faculty, staff and community in a manner that facilitates and respects diversity of people.
5. Demonstrates positive morale and team spirit. This includes support of the school and organizational missions, philosophies, and goals to students and region.
6. Evaluates and returns written assignments to students within 10 working days.
7. Coordinates and supervises patient care that is provided by up to 8 students.
8. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
9. Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
10. Evaluates each student’s skills, ability and preparation to perform patient care.
11. Seeks out and facilitates student participation in learning activities that are presented in clinical areas.
12. Maintains flexibility and redirects self and/or students according to clinical area’s needs.
13. Facilitates clinical conferences for students to meet learning objectives and to optimize clinical learning experiences.
14. Facilitates student progress in achieving student’s individual goals.
15. Actively participates in campus lab as assigned.
16. Attends at least 1 staff meeting in assigned patient care area per semester.
17. Customer Service: Interacts with all individuals in a consistent manner, providing attention, support, and assistance to foster an environment of exceptional personal service.
a. Maintains a pleasant and helpful demeanor, and presents a professional appearance toward all internal and external customers at all times.
b. Consistently initiates interaction to provide assistance to individuals who may not be direct customers of the employee (i.e. asks patients who appear to be lost if they need assistance in finding their way).
c. Takes appropriate action to recover from a service difficulty, ensuring that the necessary action is taken to affect a resolution to the customer’s problem.
d. Conducts all work activities with respect for coworkers, including the maintenance of a pleasant and professional environment, fostering calmness during stressful situations.
e. Interacts with supervisory personnel in a professional, supportive and courteous manner, venting emotions appropriate to time and place.
f. Demonstrates a commitment to service by consistent attendance and punctuality, scheduling absences according to departmental requirements, and incurring unplanned absences only when unavoidable circumstances exist.
18. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat, clean and professional.
19. Completes annual education requirements.
20. Maintains regulatory requirements.
21. Maintains student and patient confidentiality at all times.
22. Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
23. Completes work within designated time.
24. Wears identification badge while on duty.
25. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
26. Actively participates on committees and special projects as assigned.
27. Responsible for content from faculty/staff meetings.
28. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
29. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
30. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
31. Communicates appropriately with all others and with respect and dignity.
32. Confidentiality: Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
a. Consistently maintains confidentiality of all information gained during the course of employment, respecting the privacy of others.
b. Understands and maintains the confidentiality of information communicated directly from the supervisor, including discussions of a counseling nature.
c. Follows policies and procedures related to medico legal matters, including confidentiality, amendments of medical records, patient rights, medical records as legal evidence and informed consent
d. Copies records according to policy, assuring the appropriateness of the individual requesting information from the record prior to copying, faxing, or phoning any portion of the record.
33. Safety: Demonstrates an understanding of fire and electrical safety, infection control, body mechanics, and related areas, as appropriate to position.
a. Attends mandatory in-services on fire safety, electrical safety, infection control, and body mechanics. Successfully completes competency-based training in each area.
b. Follows all employee health procedures, incident reporting, and infection control requirements at all times, as appropriate to the position.
c. Uses proper body mechanics at all times as required by the physical demands of the position.
d. Maintains a safe work environment and performs duties of the position in a manner consistent with ensuring the safety of self and others.
e. Identifies safety needs in areas outside own work environment, recommending corrective action as appropriate.
34. Expense Control: Performs job duties in a manner that maximizes expense control.
a. Uses supplies, equipment, and utilities in an expeditious manner
b. Consistently recommends methods to control costs while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
c. Performs job tasks efficiently and effectively resulting in no unplanned overtime.
• A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited university or college.
• Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Maine or documentation of pursuit of a license to practice in Maine. In the case of remote instructors RN licensure in the State of practice will meet this requirement.
• Two (2) or more years experience in the practice of professional nursing preferably in the clinical area in which student clinical laboratory experiences will occur.
• Teaching experience in associate degree nursing education is preferred.
• Certification in specialty area desirable.
• Must be able to work days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
• Membership in professional nursing organization(s) desirable.
• Faculty responsibilities include supervision/teaching students during their planned teaching/learning experiences in the classroom, campus laboratory and clinical laboratory. It is expected that they possess knowledge and demonstrate expertise in the teaching/learning process. Competency in assigned area of teaching is mandatory. Age specific competency is applicable.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 5 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!