Related Corporate Jobs
At Matrix Providers - You come first. Always.
Your success is the focus of our entire business.
Matrix Providers is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our corporate team. The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to our Controller and supports full-cycle accounting functions and daily/monthly activities of the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in government contracting. **This is a remote full time position and will be performed out of the candidate’s home-based office. Individual must have discipline to work in this work environment and needs to be reliable and readily available always throughout the work day.
• Handle high volume accounts payable in a fast-paced environment
• Verify appropriate approvals are obtained to ensure internal controls
• Assemble appropriate documentation (i.e., purchase order, receiver, packing slip, etc.) for approved invoices and archive information into accounting system
• Perform, as primary, payment authorization and check disbursement processes to ensure accurate and timely payments
• Process employee reimbursement reports according to the Travel and Expense policy and GSA guidelines
• Aid in training and/or troubleshooting employee expense reimbursement claims
• Prepare reports using spreadsheets, accounting software, or other business intelligence software as required
• Perform monthly reconciliations of accounts payable ledgers to confirm ledgers are balanced
• Act as primary customer service liaison for the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely responses and resolution of inquiries.
• Complete annual1099 forms filings to the IRS annually by due date
• Assist in other research and reporting as it relates to accounts payable
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience working in Government Contracting
• Have a solid understanding of federal contracting and GAAP, and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements
• 2+ years of progressive experience, with at least 1 year experience in government contracting environment preferred
• Strong accounting system experience
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel to include the use of pivot tables and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with JAMIS Prime is a plus
• Self-starter in a home office environment, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, to include some nights and weekends
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in a team environment and drive inter-departmental cooperation and solutions
• Financial Management.
• Technical Capacity.
• Performance Management.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
Hours of Work
• Full Time
• Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but employee must be available during “core” work hours and work at least 40 hours a week.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
EEO COMPANY STATEMENT: Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.