State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Job Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41219BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Controller of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP), the Accountant of HMFP assists with daily and monthly financial operational responsibilities.
- Assists with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements on a monthly basis, including accrual and cash for month end close.
- Uploads standard monthly entries into general ledger system, which includes the preparation and submission of supporting documentation and work papers.
- Responsible for the accuracy of journal entries, enabling the production of accurate departmental and physician level profit and loss (P/L) statements. Understands the financial impact and appreciates the importance of physician P/L accuracy.
- Assists in the maintenance of HMFP and APHMFP's chart of accounts by setting up new account codes and account strings in general ledger system.
- Responsible for setting up new accounts payable vendors according to HMFP's policies and procedures. Responds to departmental inquiries regarding financial transactions and accuracy of financial statements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in accounting, finance, and/or related field.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred, with EPICOR and/or FRX experience a plus.
- Flexibility to work both independently and in collaboration with others; proven ability to streamline and improve processes.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply